Mission, Vision, Philosophy and Goals
To promote safety on Nevada Highways by providing law enforcement
traffic services to the motoring public.
united and diverse workforce providing statewide 24-hour service to the
motoring public resulting in safer highways. Our methods in support of the
above vision include:
- Traffic Safety and Management- The NHP is
dedicated to saving lives through the safe and efficient use of the highway
- State Security- The NHP is committed to
providing security for the public and protecting state assets and
- Ethics- The NHP promotes ethical practices through
our professional values.
- Quality Service Delivery- The NHP is
committed to quality service.
- Leadership Development- The NHP empowers
and facilitates leadership.
- Public Relations- The NHP proactively
establishes effective community relationships and partnerships to educate and
improve our services to the public.
- Emergency Response- The NHP
continuously pursues excellence in emergency preparedness, response, and
incident command management.
As public servants, we will treat all
persons with respect and provide impartial, non-biased, professional and
fiscally responsible service to the public. We will provide this service
and keep the public trust by upholding the constitution and laws of the
United States and of the State of Nevada with the utmost integrity, honesty
and fairness. To accomplish our mission, the Division is committed to the
following organizational values as the foundation of its pledge to public
Safety, Service, and Security.
- Ethical practices
treatment for all
- Prevent Loss of Life, Injuries, and Property Damage
- Maximize Service to the Public and Assistance to Allied Agencies
- Optimize Traffic and Emergency Incident Management
- Protect Public and State Assets
- Improve Divisional Efficiency