MISSION, VISION, PHILOSOPHY AND GOALS
To promote safety on Nevada Highways by providing law enforcement traffic services to the motoring public.
A united and diverse workforce providing statewide 24-hour service to the motoring public resulting in safer highways. Our methods in support of the above vision include:
- Traffic Safety and Management- The NHP is dedicated to saving lives through the safe and efficient use of the highway transportation system.
- State Security- The NHP is committed to providing security for the public and protecting state assets and infrastructure.
- Ethics- The NHP promotes ethical practices through our professional values.
- Quality Service Delivery- The NHP is committed to quality service.
- Leadership Development- The NHP empowers and facilitates leadership.
- Public Relations- The NHP proactively establishes effective community relationships and partnerships to educate and improve our services to the public.
- Emergency Response- The NHP continuously pursues excellence in emergency preparedness, response, and incident command management.
As public servants, we will treat all persons with respect and provide impartial, non-biased, professional and fiscally responsible service to the public. We will provide this service and keep the public trust by upholding the constitution and laws of the United States and of the State of Nevada with the utmost integrity, honesty and fairness. To accomplish our mission, the Division is committed to the following organizational values as the foundation of its pledge to public Safety, Service, and Security
- Respect for others
- Ethical practices
- Equitable treatment for all
- Prevent Loss of Life, Injuries, and Property Damage
- Maximize Service to the Public and Assistance to Allied Agencies
- Optimize Traffic and Emergency Incident Management
- Protect Public and State Assets
- Improve Divisional Efficiency